The blog posts are going to be a little sparse in the next week or so because I have been lucky enough to receive funding from The Institute for the Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works in Ireland (ICHAWI) to attend a two-day conference in Dublin entitled: Impact of the Indoor Environment on the Preservation of our Movable Heritage.
Some of the papers being presented include:
- Impact of Climate Change on the Preservation of our Movable Heritage
- The micro-environment inside archival boxes
- Paper Deterioration: The role of air pollutants
- Catalytic Fading of Digital Photographs Printed by Inkjet Technology
- Teaching preventive conservation: preparing conservators for the complex world of interdisciplinary decision-making.
It should be a very interesting and informative conference so I will be sure to report back next week and share as much information as possible.